We understand people will have concerns about Coronavirus. Please see below national and local advice:
The Government has set out local Covid Alert Levels about what to do in areas of concern.
Currently Dudley is in HIGH (Tier 2), alongside surrounding areas including Sandwell, Birmingham and Wolverhampton..
Some areas currently have extra local restrictions in place. These are based on local authority districts, NOT postcode.
Latest National Restrictions which affect Dudley, Birmingham, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton
HANDS - keep washing your hands regularly
FACE - wear a face covering in enclosed spaces
SPACE - stay at least 2 metres apart - or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions
- you must not socialise with anybody outside of your household or support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place
- you must not socialise in a group of more than 6 outside, including in a garden or other spaces like beaches or parks (other than where specific exemptions apply in law)
- businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-secure manner, other than those that remain closed in law
- certain businesses are required to ensure customers only consume food and drink while seated, and must close between 10pm and 5am
- businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises can continue to do so after 10pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through
- schools, universities and places of worship remain open weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees
- exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors. These will only be permitted indoors if it is possible for people to avoid mixing with people they do not live with or share a support bubble with, or for youth or disability sport
- you can continue to travel to venues or amenities that are open, for work or to access education, but should look to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible
Latest Local Restrictions:
Where these differ from national guidelines, local restrictions should be observed.
Find out if your local authority has extra restrictions placed upon it below - clicking the logos will also take you to the council specific Coronavirus pages for more clarity.
Symptoms of Covid-19 (Coronavirus):
Do not leave your home if you have either of the following:
- A high temperature (this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back; you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous, cough (this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours)
- A loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
You can have a swab test to check if you have Coronavirus. You can choose to take the test:
• At a test site near you today
• With a Home test kit
CLICK HERE TO BOOK A TEST
HELP AND SUPPORT:
If you need help and support at this time visit our Help and Support Groups Page.