Nigel Ball’s Bostin Turkey Curry
Serves 4 people
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 chopped salad onions
- 4 cloves of garlic (peeled and sliced)
- 2 red or green bird's-eye chillies (optional)
- 1 finely chopped cube of root ginger (approx. 2cm)
- 1 large tin of chopped tomatoes
- 300ml of water or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of medium or hot curry powder (to taste)
- Chopped pieces of cooked turkey (enough for 4 people)
- 2 teaspoons of Garam Masala powder.
- Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
1. Heat the vegetable oil on a medium heat in a large saucepan or casserole pan. Add the chopped Onions and cook for about 7 minutes until golden brown.
2. Add the chopped garlic, ginger and chillies to the pan. Stir whilst cooking for a further 2 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the curry powder before adding the chopped tomatoes.
4. Put back on a medium heat and add the water/chicken stock. Simmer for 10 mins.
5. Add the turkey and continue to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
6. Add the garam masala and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Serve on bed of rice, or with a naan...or with both! Sprinkle the coriander on top to garnish.