We're after great local talent to support King Pleasure and the Biscuit Boys at our gig, taking place at Brierley Hill Civic on the 24 October 2018.
With more than 6,500 performances in 21 countries under their belt in their 30 years on the road, King Pleasure and The Biscuit Boys are more than just the world’s greatest jump, jive and swing band – they’re an institution!
Tickets are available NOW - click here to buy them!
We have opportunities for THREE great live bands or solo artists to win a support slot at the gig, plus some other great prizes too!
All shortlisted submissions will be aired on a two hour special on 23 September 2018, where the three winning entries will also be announced. On offer for our three winners:
- We'll use a sample of your music on air as part of the promotion of this event, for 3 weeks in the lead up to the big day.
- The three winning entries will perform on stage on the night as support to King Pleasure and the Biscuit Boys.
- Each winner will receive a day’s recording session (including support from an engineer plus mixes and recordings) courtesy of of our friends at Serious Studios.
Entries will be judged by:
- Bill Randle - Former international tour manager and presenter of The Science of Soul
- Matt Dudley - Head of Music, Black Country Radio
- Martyn Smith - local journalist
To enter please complete the form below.
Please ensure you read competitions terms and rules prior to submission. Entries must be submitted by 5pm on Sunday 9th September 2018.
This form could not be found
Terms and Conditions:
- Three winners will be selected, all of whom will receive the same prize.
- All artists, and each member of any group or band, must be over 18 at the time of entry.
- You must be able to play a live gig on the 24 October 2018 at Brierley Hill Civic Hall. Set length will be confirmed closer to the date.
- You must supply a studio recording of an original song, to be aired as part of our showcase on the 23rd September 2018.
- Songs may contain NO swearing or other offensive language.
- Any samples of, or other uses of, works by other artists must have prior written consent for live and broadcast use.
- Winners agree to be photographed/filmed or otherwise recorded for promotional purposes and agree for any recording of your performance to be aired on Black Country Radio at a later date.
- Winners will be expected to bring their own instruments and abide by any technical arrangements in place for the evening.
- It is the responsibility of the winners to check any technical arrangements which may impact on them before they arrive at the venue.
- Travel and other costs are NOT included within this prize and will not be reimbursed.
- No alternatives are available to the prizes stated.
- Black Country Radio reserves the right to make changes to the proposed broadcast and performance schedule.
- Full competition term and conditions are available on our website.