Welcome to the Black Country Radio connection portal, powered by ipDTL.
You've arrived at this page after being directed here by a member of our programming team, because you're acting as a contributor to a show. They should be your first port of call if you have any technical difficulties.
At the agreed time, simply click the 'CONNECT NOW' link at the top of this page. This will open our portal where you will be prompted for your name in the top right of the screen. Entering this will alert our team at the studio that you're available - they will then initiate a call to prepare you to go live.
NB: when you first speak to the studio you will NOT be live on air, however please remember that any use of bad language or swearing, on or off air, may mean we have to terminate the call immediately.
For a brief overview of how to use the service, please see the video below:
- Whilst some other browsers are supported, this service works best in Google Chrome.
- The link above is only for use for an online link. If you're contacting the studio using ISDN then please speak to your contact who will give you the relevant details.
- Please plug headphones in to the appropriate socket on your computer; this reduces the feedback through your microphone.
- Where possible,please try and use headphones WITHOUT a microphone attachment (for example, those used as handsfree units on phones) as this also causes audio issues.
- Although a WiFi connection is generally okay, if it's possible to use a machine with a wired internet connection, this can ease the strain on your Internet connection.