Help for people who use adult social care services

Dudley Council has allocated more than £430,000 to help eligible people who use adult social care services with the rising cost of food and energy.

The council’s adult social care service has been provided with the funding as one part of Dudley’s Housing Support Fund allocation from the government.

This investment will be used to specifically support people who have reached pension age and use adult social care including registered carers, sheltered housing tenants and people receiving care and support on limited incomes.

Money will be distributed through vouchers and can be used towards the cost of food and essentials to offset the costs of energy bills. The council will be contacting eligible people directly over the coming weeks. Councillor Natalie Neale, cabinet member for adult social care, said:

"It is a key priority to ensure local people have support at a challenging time and I am delighted this government initiative will be targeted where it is needed most.

"In the coming weeks officers will contact people who are eligible and will ensure vouchers are delivered promptly. I want to make sure we stretch this resource as far as possible."


Add a comment

Rating *

Recently Played


  • Available on the App Store
  • Available on Google Play

Useful Links


Travel News

How To Listen

Latest Podcasts

92.2 / 102.5 FM
'Play Black Country Radio'